Scott Wallace, PhD Clinical Psychology
Chief Science Officer, AvailTraditional mental well-being topics proved useful for decades but no longer resonate with a multi-generational workforce that includes mobile, tech-savvy employees who have made work/life balance, well-being, and personalized healthcare of highest priority, to whom purpose and meaning in work is parmount, and to whom “mindfulness” is the new relaxation, “mHealth is the new self-help”, and “integration” is the new balance.
I am recognized 30-year industry recognized workplace psycho-education and digital health and built a reputation on best-in-class workforce training including stress/change management (used by 3M worldwide), and depression workshops/training, mobile health apps, and a pioneering cybertherapy program.
I have recently been appointed the Chief Science Officer to Avail, providing the science in the development of a predictive analytics intelligent health platform.
- Formally trained in Apple iOS development, graphic design, social media marketing, SEO, and analytics.
- Co-authored one of the first cybertherapy programs (30 years) partnered with Smithsonian-recognized cybertherapy pioneer Dr. Roger Gould.
- Mobile Application Developer “e-AP”, “PAE-e” (Homewood Health mobile apps) and “HEADWays” (concussion management).
- Created workbook materials and an e-mail campaign to support a major health initiative for one of Canada’s largest city governments and Revenue Canada.
- Created 24 bilingual step-by-step YouTube videos to guide Homewood’s 2500 salaried and contracted psychologists on how to use a newly introduced online billing system.
- Conceived, designed, authored and programmed 30+ bilingual interactive, multi-session e-learning courses plus additional customer-specific e-learning courses.
- Authored Fanshawe College (Ontario) e-learning courses for professionals in the EAP field.
- Created and launched an entirely new brand identity and visual voice for Wilson Banwell.
- Televised Psychology Expert, CTV network’s “Breakfast Television,” two years.
- Author of mental health/well-being/stress management articles appearing in Forbes’ ASAP Magazine, American Association of Retired Persons Journal, Prevention magazine, Reader’s Digest, Cosmopolitan, Men’s Health, Men’s Fitness, Canada’s national newspapers, CBC radio, and several blogging websites.
- Turned a cost centre (TELUS Health Services Department) into a revenue-positive resource by developing and selling therapeutic software, workbooks and change management training tools across North America and internationally.
- Taught skills for stress and change management to over 3,000 employees.
- Regular consultations with TELUS executive re: people management and workplace support planning during BCTEL/TELUS merger.
- Awarded the contract for authoring change management materials and training for worldwide, multi-language distribution to all 3M employees after successful 6 month pilot by 3M
- Invited panel participant Conference Board of Canada Round Table on mental health series
- Served as expert advisor for employee mental and physical wellness initiative and materials for Glaxxo Wellcomme and its customers.
- Created website and landing pages for multiple EAP providers in Canada
- Authored return-to-work and psychological counselling guides for Manulife Financial
- Design and oversight of occupational health design in BCTEL/TELUS ultimately garnering a Canadian Quality Award
- Authored, designed, and programmed 30 e-learning courses for Wilson Banwell/Homewood Health, and various Canadian colleges and North American EAP providers
- Communications lead and social media marketer of the Employee Assistance Society of North America
- Designed TELUS intranet for employee health education.
- Established and updated policies on Telus Corporate Health Services’ ethical guidelies, values, and critical incident response policies.
On a more personal note, having travelled extensively through third world countries and experienced the most dire of circumstances for the human condition, I am a prodigious micro-lender, with 198 small business loans worldwide. In addition, I devote 10% of all expenditures monthly to charitable causes (supporting self-empowerment, business growth) and volunteer with supporting the needs of many individuals residing in Vancouver, BC supportive mental health facilities.
Partial Client List
3M — ICBC — Manulife — AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals — GlaxoSmithKline — Pfizer — Pharmasave Drugs International — Canadian Mental Health Association — Law Society of BC — BP Exploration — Exxon US Medical — Bell Canada — Nortel(Employee Well-Being) — TV Ontario — Medtronic — Open Learning Agency — IWA Forestry Industry Pension Plan — TransCanada Pipeline — City of Burnaby — City of West Vancouver — Revenue Canada — Scott Paper Co. — MacMillan Bloedel — Weyerhaeuser Canada — Campbell River Assessment and Resource — Lower Mainland Municipal Officers Association — Family Services Regina — Ministry of Labour, Workers Advisers Canada — Ontario Legislative Library — Converge Consulting — Cooperators Insurance — Dominion Directory — Vancouver Hospital Foundation — St. Paul’s Hospital — Royal Columbian Hospital, Employee Health — Providence Place — Prince George Regional Hospital — Research Triangle Park — Spectrum Society for Community Living — Itronix — Fanshawe College — Homewood Health